Saturday, February 7, 2009

Thoughts

It's been very interesting trying to prepare myself mentally for the doctor on Monday and the news on Tuesday. I think after getting a Father's blessing last night from my Dad, that it is definitely something more than a few lumps...I just don't know what. I know that Heavenly Father will help get me through whatever it may be, I just need to focus on that and know that He doesn't give me any trials that I can't handle.

I have always loved this quote and thought I would share:

“The more I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company…a church…a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past…we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude…I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you…we are in charge of our Attitudes.”
--Charles Swindoll

My mom also just showed me this one and I really like it:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, whom am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
You're playing small doesn't serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we consciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
--Nelson Mandela

1 comment:

Jessica Lee Watkins said...

Heidi, if you need anything I'll be up there in a minute!! I'm so worried about you.

I love you and know that things will work out how God intends them to.

Stay strong, and keep me posted.