Friday, February 13, 2009

Ugh.

I went to my regular doctor yesterday. I love him. He will just tell you how it is and won't feed you lines. He was able to access all the labs/tests/crap that I have had done over the last couple weeks and it turns out my OB-GYN was skirting around some issues. She didn't want to freak me out, I guess. I have "pre-cancer" on my cervix. I didn't know that you could have "pre-cancer." I guess you can. Let's add that to the list of fun. I have to have dead tissue and junks removed with a freezing technique (kinda like when they freeze warts off your hands) from my cervix. That will be the day before they remove the lump. yay. And FYI to all my good buddies out there that lucked out to have the same disease, the "pre-cancer" on the cervix is because of the PCOS.

He also decided to do more blood tests and load me up with meds. Among the many was 300 mg of Iron a day. That's almost 17x your normal daily value!! Eek. Hopefully it starts making me feel normal again. I have to go back in 2 months to see if it works or not.

5 comments:

Janie said...

Oh, my dear, Heidi,
I am so sorry to hear that. PCOS is such an awful disease. Just awful! You are still in my prayers. You are a strong woman and you have great faith. I believe in you and love you so very much. Do you mind if I put your name on the Boise Temple prayer roll? You know, even though I don't have PCOS anymore because of my hysterectomy, I still have the side effects of PCOS. It's such a hard thing to deal with. The reason I had a complete hysterectomy is because of PCOS. Hang in there, Heidi. I'm pulling for you. I love you.
Janie

Kelsie said...

I'm sorry Heidi. You are in my prayers, I love you and am serious when I say let me know if I can help you in any way.

Jen said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through all this. The bright side (hard to think about at a time like this) is that you will be even stronger for dealing with it. Take care with the iron - make sure you eat right so it doesn't upset your stomach too much. Love you!
~J

Heidi & Sio Latu said...

Janie-of course I don't mind if you put me on the temple roll. I think I'm on every one North of Bountiful :) I really appreciate it! I can't believe that you are still having symptoms, how does that work? That's crazy!

Kels-thanks :) I will definitely let you know if I need anything.

Jen-I'm trying to look on the bright side of things. It's mostly working, but I did have one melt down :) So far, the iron hasn't done anything, but it hasn't been too long so we'll see what happens.

Jen said...

Wow! If you only had one meltdown, you're handling it much better than I ever could.
Oh, and you're on rolls of temples south of Bountiful, too. :>