Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Well, that was fun...

I'm sitting on the couch watching TV and full of Lortab :)

The surgery and recovery went really well, better than I thought. I was surprisingly not nervous or scared, just wanted to get it over with and be done with all of this. I guess after it was over, they went and spoke with my mom and he said they removed the biggest (I think) of the 3 lumps. He said that it didn't look cancerous and then he gave it to the guy that will do the testing (can't remember what he's called) and he also said it didn't look cancerous, but that it was very strange and he had no idea what it was. Weird. This is a similar thing that happened to my mom when she had the mass removed from the inside of her throat. At first it was cancer (according to 3 doctors) and then after they removed it and biopsied it, it mysteriously wasn't anymore and all the doctors were baffled. The results for it should be back by Monday.

They didn't end up doing the other surgery yesterday. They just took samples so they could biopsy them and we'll hopefully get those results back on Friday.

Pheww. Now I better go cause this Lortab is really kicking in...

3 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for updating! Glad you're doing well - keep getting your rest. We'll keep you in our prayers while you wait. Love ya!
~J :>

Allison said...

Oh Heidi, that is great news! Let's hope that the biopsies show that all is clear as well. Guess your family must just be medical mysteries!

Jessica Lee Watkins said...

Yay! That is so good to hear!

I've been talking about you with a gal at work (she's been going through cancer for the last couple years...and her daughter just had thyroid cancer as well) She asks me almost every day if you've found anything out. 80)

So even people who don't know you are concerned! I'm so happy that this sounds like it's potentially a 'False Alarm'.

Love you Heidi!!