Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas

The next post (according to Sarah) is supposed to be about New Moon...I went and saw it, it was good. The End.


Now on to more fun things...like Christmas!! The last 2 years for Christmas, we haven't done a big tree. Sio's just not into holidays and I didn't feel like buying a big tree and putting it up by myself. We happened to inherit a big tree this year from little brother, Deebs. It had only been used once and I got it for FREE. Woot. I bought a few bulbs and few boxes of mini lights. The only other things that went on it were a few hand-me-down decorations from my mom. It works for me...and hey, it's a huge leap from last year. Little baby steps... :)



To my surprise, Sio was actually excited and willing to help decorate it. It was hilarious when we were putting the bulbs on because Sio had to make sure that they were in the exact and correct spot. He kept moving them back and forth, deciding which spot was just right. After a few minutes, I just left him to do it and was laughing because my OCD-ness is wearing off on him. hahaha. That's totally okay with me! He was very proud of himself afterward.


We didn't have a star or angel or anything bright to put at the top. I just grabbed one of the stars that normally decorate my living room and had him throw it up on top and call it good.



You can't see this very good, but I'm hoping it's just my computer cause you can see it good on the preview thing on my camera. Here is another one, I don't know if you can see this one either, but I turned the light on behind the tree to try and make it better.
I think it's a little better and a little taller than the one that we had in 2008 and 2007...


We're not going to do anything for each other this year. Well, maybe something small, but I doubt it. I'm glad that he doesn't like to fuss over things like that. I have learned to cherish the important things and am glad, less stress for me! We'll leave that until we have kids and need to make it special for them.
I'm glad that we decided to do a big tree this year! I forgot how much I loved sitting in a room with just the lights on the tree at my parent's house when I was younger. It's very calming and makes you reflect on the wonderful things in life. And I'm sure my electric bill is going to be next to nothing this month! :)


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Your tree looks so good! I'm very proud of you guys. it's beautiful.

Heidi & Sio Latu said...

not so much "good" as "meh"