Sunday, October 10, 2010

February.

February continued to be frigid! Looking back on it, were we really that broke that we couldn't afford to fix our heater? Absolutely. How did we make it? We pay our "fire insurance". haha. But seriously, I'm so grateful that we did...and that I didn't lose any limbs to frostbite ;)

February is blah. Not much happened. We did however, almost get attacked by potatoes. Around Christmastime, we inherited a huge sack of potatoes from a local business. I gladly accepted cause my hubby loves potatoes. I remembered that you were supposed to keep them in a cold, dark environment, so I put them under our stairs. When I actually had ambition to cook, I would send my hubby down to get a few and use them. A few? With how much your husband eats? Yes, a few. These were massive-sized potatoes. Then one day I sent Sio down again to get some potatoes and this is what he came upstairs with:



I have never seen such funky potatoes!



How on earth do potatoes get like this? They weren't downstairs for THAT long. Creepy! It could totally be a storyline in those old "scary" movies. Dun, dun, DUN!!

Funky potatoes aren't the ONLY exciting thing that happened in February (they came a close second)...we had another visit from the adorable Tongan twins! Remember them? This time they came with their little sister. 3 kids under the age of 2, YIKES!


Poor little thing had an allergic reaction to the baby lotion, but still SO adorable!






I can't even handle how cute they are. They were obsessed with my little wicker deco balls! They soon discovered that they could throw them down the stairs like a regular ball and loved it. I had to re-arrange most of my living room decor and put it up a few feet. Well noted for when I have my own little kids :)



Humongous eyes and the longest eyelashes, they are getting so big!



I love this picture. Sio absolutely loves kids and they love him! Don't they look good on him? I just wish they were ours. We did try to keep them, but there parents are a little attached.




And, of course, Sio and Fuapau had to get in some rugby playing somehow in February.


No comments: