Saturday, May 30, 2009

It has finally come...and gone!

The day I have been anticipating for nearly my whole life has finally come and gone!

I grew up in this valley. Every time I have come out of the canyon and back into the valley, the first thing that I look for is the temple, even when I was little. It is something that I can look for no matter where I am or how foggy or horrible the weather is and know where I am or where I need to go. It is something that I have wondered about and have an been intrigued about for as long as I can remember.

We went to my parent's house in Syracuse the day after our sealing and stayed the night cause we were celebrating my sister's birthday. We drove back on Sunday night. We came out of the canyon and as usual, and I immediately looked for the temple. But this time was a very different experience and feeling. I realized that I no longer wondered what it would be like or how I would feel, I knew exactly what it was like and exactly how I felt. The feelings are something that I never expected, but always hoped for and some days didn't think would ever happen. I am so greatful for that day and for all the days leading up to it, even the hard ones. Maybe even especially the hard ones. Those days made it all the more special and meaningful and any trial was and is worth it.

I am so glad that we had so much support from wonderful friends and family. I am especially glad that my grandparents were able to be there. They have made a special bond with Sio in the short time that they have known him and it was very important to both of us that they were able to be there.

And let's talk about the delicious food! Originally we were just going to go to the Coppermill, but Sio's boss (whom he had only known for about 3 weeks) offered us a feast...and we took him up on it! We went and BBQ'd at Mack Park and it was so awesome. The weather and the atmosphere and the food and the company were all perfect!! I'm so glad we did that rather than going to somewhere formal like the Coppermill, it was much more fun and much more yummy!

Here are a few pictures. If you want to see all of them (most of them are hilarious!) then you can go to my Facebook, cause there are almost 300 of them and would take forever and too much room:
Everyone - mostly:
Us and the grandparents :)
The guy in the jacket and the one to the right of Sio are his REAL cousins. We were so excited that they could be there. The only thing that would have made it better is if his family was there...
Me and my sisters. Aren't they gorgeous? We have done this at everyone of our weddings. Everyone looking all sexy and then there's me and my white stockings and white legs!! haha.
This one is for our friends Alli and Kyle. ha. They did this at their wedding and Sarah(the photographer) stole the idea. This is us being sad that they couldn't be there ;) ...although we really were.

The beginning of the beginning :)
The BBQ at Mack Park afterwards -
The yummy watermelon/coconut otai that we made - it's SOOO good.

It really was the perfect day, in every aspect. Thanks everyone for making it great!
That's all for now :)

4 comments:

Shel Loney said...

congrats! that is so amazing heidi! i cried when you talked about the temple and the feelings. maybe one day i'll get there :)

Allison said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the photo!!!! So funny! I thought about you all day long. I am so proud of you Heidi. This was not an easy road to get to, but you DID IT!!! I also love the feelings you expressed about the temple. I truly wish we could have been there. Maybe we can go do sealings together when things with Grant calm down a little bit! CONGRATS!!!!!

Chris, Elyse & Kaitlyn Harris said...

OH Heidi! i am so happy fopr you! the temple is a GREAT place! go often!

Heidi & Sio Latu said...

thanks guys :) it was definitely fantastic.